Friday, March 21, 2008

News links for March 21, 2008

I hope those who celebrate the holiday have a wonderful Easter.

I'm not a religious person, but I do respect the solemnity of Good Friday and the celebration of Easter Sunday. I am looking forward to a tasty Easter dinner (I'm cooking lamb) and a chocolate bunny.

Here are a couple of links that I found this morning. The first one is my favourite, I love hearing first-person stories from those who saw RFK speak, shook hands with him or met him.

Campaign prompts memories of RFK's visit

Reaction to column on RFK

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you especially for the first-person comments - I always love to read them, too. Have a good Easter.
Ria

Anonymous said...

I took a picture of Rafer Johnson and Robert Kennedy in 1968 during the campaign for Robert Kennedy. Wish I could give Rafer Johnson this picture?

Fife-Bowman-Barnett-Chase said...

When Robert Kennedy came to speak at Vanderbilt I was attending Fisk University in Nashville on an exchange program from Whitman College. They had a busload of Fisk Students go to the airport to welcome him. I remember working through the crowd and shaking his hand and then taking his picture. I that about three times in a row. The fourth time I went up and took his picture and stole the PT 109 tie clasp off of his tie. I still have it to this day. The crowd pressed pretty tight against Robert Kennedy and I remember he had some what of a panicked look.
Rod Fife