Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Democratic National Convention


I have been watching parts of the Democratic National Convention on c-span.org. I like that there are no pundits putting in their two cents, no commercials, no cutting away from lesser known speakers. You get the entire experience as if you were there.

I didn't hear Michelle Obama's speech last night. I had to go to bed early, however I will be staying up to hear Bill Clinton speak tonight. It's nice to hear people speak of their beliefs without being called names and being yelled down. This convention is definitely more racially diverse than the clips I saw of the Republican convention.

On thing that stood out last night was the introduction of a tribute to Teddy Kennedy by his great-nephew Joseph Kennedy III (and grandson of RFK, of course).  He is hoping to be chosen as the Democratic candidate for congress tomorrow. There needs to be a Kennedy in Congress.







No comments: