Friday, June 5, 2009

Another anniversary




The anniversary of the murder of Robert F. Kennedy is here again. The years seem to be passing by so quickly. It is 41 years since he was killed at the Ambassador Hotel while running for President of the United States.

For me, the fact that Barack Obama is now president lessens the political loss. To me, Obama will be the type of president I would have expected RFK to be. I hope I will be proven right. Whatever, the future of the world seems more hopeful than it did at this time last year.

I still feel that we should remember all that Robert F. Kennedy tried to do for the United States. He did give his life for his country. Thankfully, many of his children are carrying on his work in their own way.

Here are some news stories I found today:

An Unexpected Delay of Game

Bless Robert Kennedy and the Kennedy Family

Memories of RFK

And my article on his funeral written in 2007:

The Funeral of Robert F. Kennedy

2 comments:

Len Robinson said...

Yes, the years have flow by, although in some ways the horrible images and sounds from that evening seem as fresh as ever. For me, Obama's presidency lessens the loss just a bit, although I have to say that thus far he seems to lack Bobby's willingness to tell people what they don't want to hear, a trait which admittedly is all too rare in politicians. If you are interested, I have put together a website devoted to Bobby. The website address is www.rememberrobertkennedy.com

Anonymous said...

Obama isn't even an ounce of what Bobby was. Sure, he's a step up from Bush, but he doesn't begin to replace what we lost when Bobby was murdered. No one will ever come close, because politicians like Bobby don't exist anymore. Sorry, but that's the truth.