Thursday, January 29, 2009

The right path

You may think I'm crazy but this was put into perspective for me when I heard an editorial by Bill Flanagan on CBS's Sunday Morning. He believes that Obama got so much support from a lot of people who came of age in the 60s because after 1968, and the deaths of MLK and RFK, the US began on the wrong path. But with Obama many feel that we are finally on the right path. Now this is where the crazy part comes in. When it was announced that Barack Obama had been elected I heard a very noticeable click and had a rush of thoughts about Bobby, and then I felt that everything had come full circle. I've never had a feeling like that before. It is as if that if Bobby couldn't be President, at least Obama made it. Flanagan also stated that maybe we can finally put the 60s behind us now. However, that won't stop me from reading and writing about RFK.

No comments: